Change of User Name

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
One for our esteemed admins....

Can a username be changed or am I better off re registering in a more appropriate name from scratch even though that means I'll lose my friends contacts and post count?

It's just that having hung out in here for a while my username is a total misnomer, compared with most of the inmates in CC, esp in P&L, I'm one of the least grumpy people here.

I think if you PM admin he can do it without any money changing hands :eek:

mickle

innit
I need to get mine changed from 'mickle' to 'm!' come to think of it. Does Admin do a discount for bulk?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
O said:
Right, if it's that easy, I'm gonna pm admin too.
hang on there one second....you appear to have folded a much loved name in to thirds, and then in to ninths! I rather miss the rigamist!

dellzeqq said:
hang on there one second....you appear to have folded a much loved name in to thirds, and then in to ninths! I rather miss the rigamist!

;) Very good.

I agree, though Rigamist isn't bad.

Please can we not get carried away here! Whilst I understand some folk's needs, too many name-changes can be really confusing for other members of a forum which has a large social element, especially those who do not visit regularly. I would ask Admin to think very carefully before allowing changes for frivolous reasons.

Incidentally, I did not change my user name here (although Shaun offered me that option). Instead, I simply registered a new account under the name which I originally had in Cycling+ and other forums. My old account on here under "Pete" still exists, albeit locked.

Top Bottom