Changing BB30 to Hollowtech

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
I think I'm getting close to having to change my chainrings as some of the teeth are looking slightly worn.
My current chain set is an FSA Gossamer Compact 50/34 BB30. I was wondering if I could change the chain set to something with a Hollowtech BB.

My bike is a Cannondale Synapse WSD Carbon

I was wondering if I could change the chain set to something with a Hollowtech BB.
You certainly can, in fact I've done it myself on my CAAD10, and TBH it's the best thing I've ever done after all the BB30 issues I as having.

I used one of THESE FSA adapters when I did it, although you should know this type is considered a permanent fixture, especially when fitted to a carbon frame.

If you want the option to ever go back to BB30 then consider outboard adapters such as THIS or the creme de la creme of conversion fittings, THIS.

Hope that helps CB :thumbsup:

OP
OP
citybabe

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
Thanks Smokey. I did read your thread about having issues with the BB30. I haven't had any issues myself as yet. I am just trying to give myself other options when it comes to buying a new chain set

fixedfixer

Veteran
I did this conversion to remove BB30 and fit Hollowtech. Works fine. Edit (on an Ali frame)

Last edited:
Top Bottom