Changing Road to Hybrid - Looking for Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fatCyclist

Hey all,

As some of your saw in the newbie thread, I'm selling my road bike and changing to a hybrid. I just can't get on with the position of a road bike and need something more upright. For anyone who wants a brand-spanking new Triban 5, mine's in the classified forum: http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/for-sale-decathlon-triban-5-road-bike-as-new.138398/

However, I wanted to ask what people's opinions are on Evans' Pinnacle Lithium range? I spoke with them today, and I originally had my eye on a Specialized Sirrus, but they have the Lithium 1 & 2 for a similar price, and wondered if there was any main benefits of either bike?

I want something that can handle riding badly surfaced roads, pavements, gravel, and the odd woodland trail. I'm not interested in suspension. I just want a sturdy bike that has a comfortable position. Evans are about the best in terms of local shops. Decathlon doesn't really have anything I like and I'd prefer to avoid Halfords if I can.

Thanks for the help and advice

Last edited:

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Halfords sell Boardman hybrids , they are excellent bikes and if you needed to you could get them set up in an lbs. Best spec for price.

Top Bottom