Changing Shimano press fit BB90 for Campagnolo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rliu

Veteran
Hi all, I have a frame with a BB90 already fitted but I got a second hand Fulcrum wheelset with Campagnolo hubs. Is it a simple case of just taking out the Shimano BB and putting in a Campagnolo one? Say from Athena or Centaur groupset?

What shifters do you have - Shimano/SRAM or Campagnolo?

You can get BB90 adapters for Campagnolo Ultra Torque and then get a Campagnolo Ultra Torque chainset.

Alternatively any BB90 chainset would work and just surround it with Campagnolo shifters and mechs.

Or you can buy a Fulcrum Shimano splined freehub and run the bike with SRAM/Shimano bits.

OP
OP
R

rliu

Veteran
Thanks very much for these pointers. I see that FSA cranksets are often compatible with Campag and Shimano/SRAM, so would you be aware of a FSA crankset that I can run with Campag chain, derailleurs and cassette?

OP
OP
R

rliu

Veteran
Just to follow up on this I believe I need to use a Hollowtech II crankset with the press fit bottom bracket (incidentally I have bb91 not 90), so if I were to get the 105 or Ultegra Hollowtech II crankset would this be compatible with an otherwise Centaur 10 speed drivetrain?

boydj

Legendary Member
I have an Ultegra triple chainset working happily with Campag shifters and mechs so I don't see any reason why your suggested setup woud not work. The front mech is probably the least sophisticated part of the drivetrain and so most quality shifters will work with most decent chainsets, regardless of make.

OP
OP
R

rliu

Veteran
I have an Ultegra triple chainset working happily with Campag shifters and mechs so I don't see any reason why your suggested setup woud not work. The front mech is probably the least sophisticated part of the drivetrain and so most quality shifters will work with most decent chainsets, regardless of make.

Thanks very much for your reply. Also would anyone know if FSA Mega Evo cranks would also go with BB91?

Top Bottom