Charge Plug Fixed in blue - Size L - £300ovno

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I've just finished building the blue 'uns replacement to it has now got to go.

It's a ?2010 model year? Charge Plug, large frame in blue (I'm 6' 2" and it can go either way)
  • White H+Son deep section rims, white spokes on Halo hubs in white
  • Wheels have just been reshod in the original Kenda Kwickroller Sport 28mm tyres that came on it when new. These tyres have less than 50km of use on them.
  • A strap-on bottle cage in black is fitted.
  • Both original brakes, which are silver Tektro R538s with the original unbranded cross top levers in silver are fitted. The rear was only refitted for a 100km charity in May, and she's not been ridden much since that was completed. Front brake has koolstop cartridge pads (redblack) and the rear the original Tektro.
  • Saddle is a Brooks Flyer S Special in honey with copper rivets and a black underframe/springs. The saddle has been laced.
  • The original Charge bullhorn bars and stem are back on (I hardly used them) and the bars are clad in honey brooks bar tape over Specialized Bar Phat with Brooks brandy bottle bar plugs
  • Chain, which is in light blue (I ordered dark blue honest) is a KMC 510 and has less than 200km on it as have the rear wheel bearings which were replaced at the same time.
  • New bottom bracket, a Sugino one from Velosolo, was fitted early in the New Year, and the original Sugino Messenger crankset has a Velosolo 44T 1/8th chain ring fitted.
  • The cog is an 18t Surly with a Surly steel lockring. Both have 1000's of km left in them.
  • Pedals are Shimano platform style SPD's with relfector frames fitted (butt ugly); one of the reflectors has gone awol.
  • track nuts and various bolts have a little rust staining on them.
The bike has no braze on for bottle mounts, mudguards or racks. Crud road racer guards fit. The bike has horizontal rear facing drop out and is fitted with a chain tug on the drive side.

I commuted on it, I've TT'd it, I've ridden FNRttC's on it, I've pottled about town, and run errands on it, I've ridden charity rides on it, I had "the mishap" and crashed spectacularly last year on it (it was unharmed) but it was time to get the spare frame out of the shed and get it built up. So it has to go. I'd like to see it go to someone who will use it rather than have it languishing laying around here being ignored.

I'm in Horsham, West Sussex, work in Haywards Heath, but can meet up in central London or anywhere else with a mainline connection from Horsham with a bit of notice.

PayPal or cheque; bike handed over at earliest convenience when funds have cleared.
(Photo's to follow shortly)

Being advertised elsewhere and will go on eBay if not sold quickly.

GilesM

Legendary Member
If only you were 4" shorter, you'd have a sale. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Top Bottom