Charity Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Firestorm

Veteran
I am considering organising a charity Ride (80-100 miles) for a small group of riders.

is there a maximum number (including a support van) at which any authorities , police etc, need to be informed ?

and if anyone has any experience on this , tips would be gratefully recieved :smile:

Jim_Noir

I'm doing a 220 ride for charity. Just two of us and a support van that will meet us every 50 miles or so... you know I never even thought about wither the police need to be told!

OP
OP
Firestorm

Firestorm

Veteran
I'm doing a 220 ride for charity. Just two of us and a support van that will meet us every 50 miles or so... you know I never even thought about wither the police need to be told!

I can't imagine it would be required for two.

thinking about it a bit more, I don't suppose a club needs to advise anyone when they go out on masse on a club run, I suppose those who participate in the FNRttC on here could say if they need approval.

I imagine that if the support vehicle is following at cycle pace there may be an issue

snorri

Legendary Member
If you seek authorisation from any official body, I suspect they will try to dissuade you from the whole thing. By giving support or permission, even if they have no authority to grant or deny such permission, they would be concerned regarding legal action in the event of an incident, .......... what I mean to say is, don't bother to ask anyone, just get on with it and enjoy yourselves.

PS I have no experience of events of this nature.:smile:

Top Bottom