Charity ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billy1561

BB wrecker
Just signed up for the Liverpool Chester Liverpool charity ride in July. Opted for the 54 mile route. Most i have travelled so far is just over 30 miles so does anyone have any advice on training for this event?
And is anyone else going to attempt it?

DTD

Veteran
Personally, I like to go on a ride that's of an equal length before the actual ride, just to 'know' I can do it. Even if you take all day and stop a few times, it somehow helps to know you've done the distance.
On the day other riders and the excitement seem to help push you along.

OP
OP
B

billy1561

BB wrecker
Same here really that's why it is a little daunting. I am a stone lighter than when i did my 30 mile ride and would say a little fitter too so hope i am not too far off the pace but i have until July to work on it :thumbsup:

Camgreen

My advice is just keep getting the miles in, the closer you get to 54 the more confident you'll feel I imagine. But if you can do 30, 54 isn't going to present a problem I'd have thought. On the day the fact you have other riders around you will be sufficient distraction and the miles will just slip by anyway.

rjwilki3

Regular
A few years ago I foolishly signed up for the London to cambridge with some friends not long before the start date so did not have a lot of time to train, I thought that this would have a severe impact on my ability to keep up or even finish the ride. But what others have said about the impact of having other riders around you is very true it does kind of spur you on, and you can steal the odd cheeky slipstream :smile:

I ended up finishing ahead of the guys that I signed up with who were 'serious' riders and had a really good day out, im sure you will have a good day

Top Bottom