Cheap Winter Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:biggrin: Here are a few pictures of my latest winter ride its a one owner Peugeot Racer Tourer I,v done quite a bit to this bike since the last pictures were taken I will post some more of it when/if it ever stops raining up here :hello:

Attachments

• !B32I1vwEWk~$(KGrHqN,!h0Eycg21+bcBMn)8Q!!(w~~_3.jpg
    !B32I1vwEWk~$(KGrHqN,!h0Eycg21+bcBMn)8Q!!(w~~_3.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 507
  • !B32IzDQCWk~$(KGrHqZ,!iYEydsSlI-WBMn)8FPbk!~~_3.jpg
    !B32IzDQCWk~$(KGrHqZ,!iYEydsSlI-WBMn)8FPbk!~~_3.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 563
  • !B32I4!w!2k~$(KGrHqZ,!iQEyd6e!oZ9BMn)8YnUeQ~~_3.jpg
    !B32I4!w!2k~$(KGrHqZ,!iQEyd6e!oZ9BMn)8YnUeQ~~_3.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 380

Goldie

Über Member
:biggrin: Here are a few pictures of my latest winter ride its a one owner Peugeot Racer Tourer I,v done quite a bit to this bike since the last pictures were taken I will post some more of it when/if it ever stops raining up here :hello:

I love the way Peugeots look, can vividly remember seeing Carbolite tubed racers for sale in the eighties. That looks in great nick...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That is nice.......look after it.......... Carbolight isn't anything special (normal steel)............ but that's a cracker of a bike............ Look after it...or else...........

Dewi

Veteran
That's the same racer I had 20 years ago (only mine is blue and has no mud guards)

I used to ride everywhere on it then I passed my driving test and it's been in the cellar since :sad: Mine needs new tyres and tubes but I am determined to get it going again as it was much more fun than the MTB I am now using

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Thats a great looking old cycle, plenty of life left in that one. Certainly better than a lot of the clones I see on this forum, my opinion, but then Im a retro rider full stop. Looking really nice after a bit of fettling. Love it.

:biggrin: Thanks Guys,yes I know its only a Pug & Carbolight is nothing special (gas pipe) but as an ex Carlton Man said to me at dinner time after I picked up a few bits/bobs up for my Carlton restoration project from Him "Thats not a bad old bike for a Frenchie its lasted the test of time" :laugh: Dewi get that old Peugeot bike out of the cellar & get it up & running again as Spokesmann says they are better than some of the clones doing the rounds at the moment for daft money. I,m very glad that I bought mine & I,v just bought some full stainless mudguards to replace the black/red plastic ones fitted but these may stay in the box & end up on my Carlton :wub: atvb

:biggrin: This Pug is turning into one of my favorite bikes that I,v owned it is very well made & put together & dispite its age (30 plus years young) I,m very happy with its performance It just proves you don,t need to spend the Earth on a racing bike "Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year" from all of us in Worksop :thumbsup:

I'm still riding the Peugeot Premiere I used to ride to college on, had it since 1987. I've replaced the wheels, tyres and brake cables/blocks, all other parts are original.

It's got a lot of chipped paint off and a few cosmetic rust spots, but it's still working fine. I'm too fond of it to replace it with a modern one!

richyx

I bought a Peugot Course from Ebay a couple of years ago for sixty quid and after adding new wheels with Shimano Compatible hubs, nine speed cassette, chain, brake levers and retaping the bars it is now my chosen bike for winter rides.

As ridden now
PICT0760.jpg
">

th_PICT0759.jpg

As bought from Ebay

th_peugotbike.jpg

:biggrin: I,m glad you are all happy with your Pugs just shows you don,t need to spend the earth on a bike I,v been out and about on mine today & will be doing the same tomorrow I,v just replaced the front inner tube as it was shot due to it being left deflated for years although it pumped up it was never quite right and slowly went down over a couple of days if left standing I,m happy to say its fully sorted now! :biggrin:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i also have a pug that is my normal comuter i made mine single speed freewheel just to see what all the fuss is about , but must say impressed so far 5 months in

Top Bottom