Cheapest Crosser around?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Just got the new Edinburgh store summer catalogue and this new cyclocross bike in the revolution range looks interesting
Ok I suppose its too low rent to be remotley competitive but for a cheap all rounder which could handle touring/ off road and fastish road (with a change of wheels/tyres) I reckon its a good buy

Using our ride-to-work scheme I estimate about £270ish a few updates and....even i could afford that:tongue:

Dave5N

Über Member
It's not a great bike but they have done well to bring it in at that price.

bianco

Have you had a look over at on-one?

They've got a nice kaffenback frameset for £135 that could be built up cheapish.

bonk man

Oh yeh the Kaffenbacks don't take a very wide tyre I believe, so might not be a good choice for cross racing. I looked at one last year and that put me off.
Got a Van Nicholas now.............................. not cheap though ;)

zaid

Hi guys, I bought my crosser from Paul Milnes (cos he's local) about 3 months ago. I went for the the tiagra groupset with his new blue 08 alloy frame+fork. It has been rock solid since the day I bought it and is pretty light and really well put together (cos he's been in the trade for donkey's years and really knows his stuff). I was a bit tentative before I bought mine but it's been the best decision I could of made.
The bike cost me roughly £500 but that's cos I asked for tiagra stuff and better saddle/pedals/canti's etc. I reckon you could get the Sora groupset with the same frame etc for a lot less.

Top Bottom