Cheapest sold secure gold locks?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
At our house we have 3 people, 4 bikes and only 1 decent bike lock.

Just about to sort out the garage and put in some ground/wall anchors and purchase some locks.

For insurance purposes I understand these will have to be "sold secure gold" and wanted to find the cheapest ones available to make sure that the insurance companies dont wriggle out of their responsibilities if it comes to it.

Any suggestions?

Linford

BSRU

A Human Being
Be careful of cheap ones, just because they have the "sold secure gold" label does not mean all "sold secure gold" locks are of the same standard.

Linford

Be careful of cheap ones, just because they have the "sold secure gold" label does not mean all "sold secure gold" locks are of the same standard.

The sold secure gold is the ability to withstand 10 minutes in an attack test, and not whether they are made from the same materials. It is the industry standard though whilst some can withstan a substantial amount more abuse.

If the scrote is that good and can work without being disturbed, security is irrelevant, and the ability to track the bike then becomes all important.

BSRU

A Human Being
The sold secure gold is the ability to withstand 10 minutes in an attack test, and not whether they are made from the same materials. It is the industry standard though whilst some can withstan a substantial amount more abuse.
If only that were true, I have Masterlock "sold secure gold" D-lock and they can be removed within 30 seconds unlike my Abus 54X which are also "sold secure gold" but will take alot longer than 30 seconds, over 5 minutes which I think is the minimum for the "sold secure gold" label. My Almax chain is not "sold secure gold" but is far superior to my D-locks.

Top Bottom