Check out my sunflower!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
He's called Steve and he's 107 inches tall (i can't reach to the end of the petal) which is 8ft 11 inches! Whoop!!!! I think i might win the sunflower growing competition at work :cheers:

not sure what I'll win though... think i just get Bragging Rights :bravo:

Attachments

• cyclechat sunflower1.JPG
    cyclechat sunflower1.JPG
    683.1 KB · Views: 207
  • cyclechat sunflower2.JPG
    cyclechat sunflower2.JPG
    458.7 KB · Views: 150

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
He's called Steve and he's 107 inches tall (i can't reach to the end of the petal) which is 8ft 11 inches! Whoop!!!! I think i might win the sunflower growing competition at work :cheers:

not sure what I'll win though... think i just get Bragging Rights :bravo:

well done- the one in my garden which survived the slugs seems to have reached a dizzy 2 foot/ 60cm!

taxing

When I was a kid I was growing a sunflower in our garden, it got to be taller than me, then the nasty old cow next door chopped it down while we were out for the day! We lived at the top of a ten foot and she was the next house down, and because she was nosey she used to watch everyone walking down the street through the side of her bay window, and my sunflower was in the way. What a bitch. She was called Dotty Dot.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
What a nasty old cow. i must admit i have been a bit worried someone would do that to mine but thankfully my mum's neighbours are nice.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
... and i'm pretty sure it's growth is due to the fact that my mum has watered it every night and given it a really good drink. other than that she just let it grow. Really i suppose, it's her sunflower, but it's my seed and i only planted it at hers because the sun is on the front of her house all day. so that makes it mine :smile:

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
aw taxing... why don't you grow another one to mend your mind :smile: i bet it grows tall and there won't be any mean old bag around to cut it down.

taxing

We don't have a garden any more. :sad: I grow lillies and orchids in my boyfriend's kitchen to make up for it, he pretends to be annoyed that his windowsills have been taken over but he likes it really. Honest. :whistle:

Top Bottom