Cheery Wave

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cd365

Guru
Riding along last night on my normal training run, I'd not long finished a very long incline, about 1.5 miles, had hit a 400 yards level run (normally where I catch a breather), was just hitting the top of a very short, sharp decline where if I push it I can almost hit 40mph. This decline has double white-lines. As I was approaching this a car looked to overtake, decided it wasn't safe to and pulled in behind me, very quickly I got up to around 35mph, hit the bottom of the hill and sailed into the village still doing around 30mph.

A hundred yards in I had slowed down to around 20mph when the car driver decided to overtake. So I put my hand up and gave him a thank you wave for being considerate and got a wave from him, his wife and the kid in the back seat. It really tickled me for a while.

twozeronine

It's certainly nice when road users mutually respect eachother. :thumbsup: If only some people saw the benefit.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
On one of my regular hilly rides, I'd been overtaken by 2 motorcyclists halfway up the longest hill in the ride, with a viewpoint at the top. As I neared the top, the motorcyclists (who'd stopped at the viewpoint) gave me a round of applause... very nice and encouraging
smile.gif

ohnovino

Large Member
There's a fantastic stretch of road in Widnes: downhill, smooth tarmac and the widest cycle lane I've ever seen. I was riding down there once at a comfortable 30mph with a car on my right matching my speed. I looked across and there was a young boy on the back seat staring at me, with his face right against the glass and his mouth wide open. He was obviously thinking "wow, that bike's going as quick as a car!".

It absolutely made my day, and hopefully that's a little boy who immediately started nagging his mum to buy him a new bike :biggrin:

fungus

Veteran
Quite a few years ago my Sister & family were travelling back home from Birmingham international airport & were just passing the Belfry golf course when they saw a chap on a yellow bike with black forks & a helmet similar to my old one. They carried on a little & pulled over, all four of them got out & were clapping/cheering as this chap rode past them, obviously it wasn't me
biggrin.gif

OP
OP
cd365

cd365

Guru
Quite a few years ago my Sister & family were travelling back home from Birmingham international airport & were just passing the Belfry golf course when they saw a chap on a yellow bike with black forks & a helmet similar to my old one. They carried on a little & pulled over, all four of them got out & were clapping/cheering as this chap rode past them, obviously it wasn't me
biggrin.gif

PMSL

Top Bottom