Chelsea goal fest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Looks like Chelsea have found their level
whistling.gif

Glow worm

Legendary Member
It's all a bit bleak right now at Town. Can't understand the timing of the Keane sacking just before two big cup games. My club Norwich went through similar bleak times a couple of seasons ago. Despite the rivalry, I hope they come though it like we did (as I'll miss beating them in the derby matches!), and would always prefer an East Anglian club to beat any London side. (Especially Leyton bloody Orient)! Sadly it wasn't to be today. Hopefully they can beat the Arse next week in the Carling Cup.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
It's all a bit bleak right now at Town. Can't understand the timing of the Keane sacking just before two big cup games. My club Norwich went through similar bleak times a couple of seasons ago. Despite the rivalry, I hope they come though it like we did (as I'll miss beating them in the derby matches!), and would always prefer an East Anglian club to beat any London side. (Especially Leyton bloody Orient)! Sadly it wasn't to be today. Hopefully they can beat the Arse next week in the Carling Cup.
I hope so too, because if we get through against Brum I'd rather meet you in the final than The Arse.

Probably be seeing you for a couple of league games next season too
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Attachments

• sad.gif
    sad.gif
    270 bytes · Views: 19
  • sad.gif
    sad.gif
    270 bytes · Views: 19

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
It's all a bit bleak right now at Town. Can't understand the timing of the Keane sacking just before two big cup games. .
the Chairman said it was about having a new manager in so that they could take advantage of the transfer window. It sort of makes sense.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I hope so too, because if we get through against Brum I'd rather meet you in the final than The Arse.

Probably be seeing you for a couple of league games next season too
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

You could be right. Seems like any Prem club beginning with a 'W' is in trouble this season. And Wolverhampton Wanderers are doubly f****d!

Attachments

• sad.gif
    sad.gif
    270 bytes · Views: 15
  • sad.gif
    sad.gif
    270 bytes · Views: 15

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
the Chairman said it was about having a new manager in so that they could take advantage of the transfer window. It sort of makes sense.
Apparently when Keane walked into a room some of the players used to walk out.

I think he fancied himself as another Brian Clough, only without the sense of humour needed to temper the hard man image. I reckon his chance of becoming a big time manager are finished, all he can hope for are lower league clubs in desperate straits.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler

I think he fancied himself as another Brian Clough, only without the sense of humour needed to temper the hard man image. I reckon his chance of becoming a big time manager are finished, all he can hope for are lower league clubs in desperate straits.

Sounds like you're talking about my team there Joe
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
We would welcome Roy with open arms, as long as he'd work for peanuts.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty

Keane's obviously not everybody's cup of tea, but he did wonders with Sunderland. It may be that he doesn't suffer players without his own extraordinary degree of motivation.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Keane's obviously not everybody's cup of tea, but he did wonders with Sunderland. It may be that he doesn't suffer players without his own extraordinary degree of motivation.
I wouldn't say he did wonders. He got them promoted into the premiership fair enough, but spent a fortune while he was there and only finish three points above the relegation zone. His habit of only communicating with the chairman by text was rather strange.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I was quite happy when Keane came however there seems to have been some disagreements between and Simon Clegg the chief exec about players coming in. Anyway we were saving energy for giving Arsenal a spanking on Wed night in the 1st semi :o)

Top Bottom