Cheshire ride #2, Sat, 31st August, 2019 (100+ miles from Walkden, 120+ kms from Dunham)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Plenty of Cafes in Cheshire, if riding "anti-clockwise" the Venetian Cafe might be too late in the ride.
I haven't checked the train times yet but I will certainly aim to be at the start by 09:30. We should not be taking more than (say) 3.5 hours to cycle 63 km in gently undulating Cheshire, so we ought to get to the marina by 13:00? :whistle:
@ColinJ "4 hours of travelling to do around 6 hours of cycling." seems an unreasonable amount of time to travel, personally I wouldn't do that.:okay:
If I were not prepared to travel 2 hours each way, that would rule out the Cheshire, Dales, and Humber Bridge rides! Mind you, the latter 2 rides do give me more than 6 hours of cycling.

For some forum rides I have had to get up before 06:00, set off by 06:30, and didn't get home until gone 23:00!

I am avoiding the return trains on this year's Dales ride by riding home after a one-way rail journey to Settle.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The old Cheshire route didn't involve as much travelling by rail because it needed just one train to Walkden for me. The problem was that I didn't really enjoy cycling from Walkden to Dunham and back, and 100 km suits me more at the moment than 100 miles!

Top Bottom