Children dreaming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
my 9 yr old came into us last night,he just had a dream about a vampire bird that was flying about.Our Cocker Spaniel Jasper then jumped up & swallowed the Vampire bird whole!!!:sad::biggrin:
Last week it was our 5yr Old daughter who dreamt that her brother got a sharp knife out the drawer & chopped her up on the stairs!!!:sad::biggrin:
Not sure if these dreams are real or just a ploy to get into our bed!!but some of the dreams are hilarious!!!

ChrisKH

Guru
I often have to guide my youngest to the toilet in the middle of the night as he just will not wake up; he often runs around the house crying (he often gets the "terrors") and can't be consoled but remembers nothing the next day.

This weekend I guided him to the toilet, still pretty much asleep and he dropped his trousers and he stepped with both feet into the toilet bowl!

If he gets the terrors at roughly the same time each night, it can help if you wake him up slightly a little while beforehand - breaks up the sleep rhythm, and can break the habit. Good luck, doesn't sound like fun.

ChrisKH

Guru
Twenty Inch said:
If he gets the terrors at roughly the same time each night, it can help if you wake him up slightly a little while beforehand - breaks up the sleep rhythm, and can break the habit. Good luck, doesn't sound like fun.

Thanks for that; I had no idea. Yes, he does get it around one-two hours after going to sleep. We have always thought it was linked to him needing the toilet since, if you get him up and service him he is usually fine. I will try this.

Brahan

Über Member
ChrisKH said:
I often have to guide my youngest to the toilet in the middle of the night as he just will not wake up

For months I used to take my son to the toilet at 10pm every night to stop him wetting the bed. We told him one night that we wouldn't wake him up because he had to learn to go the whole night.

He looked at me in amazement and and said, 'you take me to the toilet?'

He just never realised. So cute.

OP
OP
G

gary r

Guru
on another occasion i went to tuck my son in (he was about 6) he rolled over whilst asleep & said "cheese on toast"!!

Cubist

Still wavin'
Brahan said:
For months I used to take my son to the toilet at 10pm every night to stop him wetting the bed. We told him one night that we wouldn't wake him up because he had to learn to go the whole night.

He looked at me in amazement and and said, 'you take me to the toilet?'

He just never realised. So cute.
My fondest memories of the kids is when they were put on the potty last thing before we went to bed. I think it was the little warm hands on your neck as you lifted them out of bed, and especially Cubette's hair, all messed up and in her face..... oh why do they have to grow up?:smile:

Top Bottom