Chillblaines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

decky

Having been cycling in the cold weather for upto two hours,ive developed chillbaines on my toes,which i can tell you are quite painfull,ive tried to rectify it with purchase of overshoes plus thermal socks,which have been successful upto now,also waiting for heated socks to arrive,any more ideas as my feet still get cold,knowing to let them warm slowly on there own.:rolleyes:

Bill Gates

decky said:
Having been cycling in the cold weather for upto two hours,ive developed chillbaines on my toes,which i can tell you are quite painfull,ive tried to rectify it with purchase of overshoes plus thermal socks,which have been successful upto now,also waiting for heated socks to arrive,any more ideas as my feet still get cold,knowing to let them warm slowly on there own.:rolleyes:

Small plastic sandwich bags over the socks. Might sweat a little bit but keeps cold out.

Paul_iow

Get yourself some chillblain cream from boots or the chemist, this will help soothe the pain and help heal them up. What are your socks made from, Cotton or man made fibres?

ASC1951

Guru
Overshoes, definitely. [Ah. I see you already have them].

Chilblains also have a circulation component in many cases, not just temperature, so make sure that your cycling shoes aren't too tight. You do need to be able to wiggle your toes, even if they are firm elsewhere.

on the road

Über Member
Bill Gates said:
Small plastic sandwich bags over the socks. Might sweat a little bit but keeps cold out.
If you decide to do that then you might want to put some holes in the plastic bags, otherwise your feet will sweat, and when they sweat your feet will get even colder from the wet socks, making things even worse.

Bill Gates

on the road said:
If you decide to do that then you might want to put some holes in the plastic bags, otherwise your feet will sweat, and when they sweat your feet will get even colder from the wet socks, making things even worse.

Cold feet without them. Or Warm feet with the risk of cold feet later if you sweat too much.

On a 2 hour ride yesterday I had warm feet all the way, and the socks were only slightly damp inside when I got home.

For clarification the bags just cover the toes and the front of the foot and do not envelope the heel and ankle.

Top Bottom