Chilli sauce recipes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is what I'm burning my face off with this week.

12 Scotch bonnets and 12 finger chillies deseeded if you can be bothered, diced and fried for an hour in plenty of olive oil over a low flame. Stir in two ts of sugar remove from heat. Decant into suitable jar, add two shots of tequila. Shake well before consuming. Drizzle over something or fish the chunks out.

Ow/yum in equal measure.

What's yours?

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Do you not even de-seed scotch bonnets? I just don't particularly like a sauce dominated by seeds.

Noodley

Never made my own chilli sauce before. I might give it a go. I reckon slow roasted chillis, garlic and tomatoes, some herbs and olive oil all zapped together should be good :biggrin:

Nummity num.

longers

Legendary Member
I used to make some occasionally but put a bit of vinegar in it too.

My tongue is curling at just the thought of it :biggrin:

radger

Veteran
The chilli sauce I made last week was trick chilli sauce to go with a curry. It was a handful of coriander, a couple of garlic cloves, a few tablespoons of yogurt and one supermarket green chilli whizzed up in the food processor for a minute until it was bright green and liquid. It looked like a nice raita, but tasted like burning. I think the chilli was a rogue hot one, as normally they're pretty mild, and even Mr Radger admitted it was rather powerful.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
radger said:
The chilli sauce I made last week was trick chilli sauce to go with a curry. It was a handful of coriander, a couple of garlic cloves, a few tablespoons of yogurt and one supermarket green chilli whizzed up in the food processor for a minute until it was bright green and liquid. It looked like a nice raita, but tasted like burning. I think the chilli was a rogue hot one, as normally they're pretty mild, and even Mr Radger admitted it was rather powerful.

I like the sound of that one!

Noodley

Okay, I've just finished making chilli sauce :biggrin:

10 birds eye chillies
A dozen or so tomatoes
An onion
...all slow roasted in some olive oil. Then whizzed together in a blender with a handful of fresh coriander and added to a pan with garlic and tomato puree. Brought to the boil and added some sugar and left to simmer for a while.

I've had a wee taste and it's very hot and tasty. :sun:

I think I'll use it as a base for a curry, as well as using it on pittas as a cold sauce.

I made treble quantity green thai curry paste, but managed to splash some mix in my face when blending. Eye shutdown...rush to sink...splash and rub with water...whole face on fire. I was OK about 5mins later; will be more careful next time. :wacko:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Here's what you want.

Bastard lamb 2.0:

Marinade beaten lamb chops/neck (neck's better for this actually) in 3 tablespoons of that mixed with the same of youghurt, a tablespoon of cumin seeds, tablespoon of fennel seeds and a crushed head of garlic for as long as you can. four days if possible.

Slow roast on top of a load of carrots and serve with rice and lager. not on the same plate.

Very hot but the flavour of the naga chillies is a sensation.

Top Bottom