Christmas cards from colleagues... ugh...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lady_rider

I may sound like a scrooge, but gaddamn, christmas cards from colleagues wind me up no end. Every year I get a host of them, from people I hardly ever talk to, saying an insipid 'Dear Lady_rider,From Y. WHAT IS THE POINT? It's hardly like I need a little cardboard picture to reassure me that they really DO wish me a merry christmas. At least be bothered to put some form of effort into a minor personalised message in if they're going to do them at all. Grrrrr!!!

Lisa21

Mooching.............
**Lisa hurriedly crosses LR's name off crimble card list**

:cheers: :cheers:

Chrisc

Guru
We're currently getting a host of annoying e-cards from staff saying they've donated to charity instead of sending cards this year. That or the damn elfyourself thing that was funny three years ago.

Best of all was a guy who sent a blanket email saying he wasn't sending any cards this year and was going to use the money saved to go to the pub! :biggrin: Support your local at Christmas time.

adscrim

Veteran
I told my colleagues early that they weren't getting one but brought in a tin of roses instead (making sure I got in early to snaffle the caramel kegs!)

rh100

adscrim said:
I told my colleagues early that they weren't getting one but brought in a tin of roses instead (making sure I got in early to snaffle the caramel kegs!)

My favourite too - but if they are all gone then the Dairy Milk with have to do - there's normally some of those left.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Chrisc said:
Best of all was a guy who sent a blanket email saying he wasn't sending any cards this year and was going to use the money saved to go to the pub! :smile: Support your local at Christmas time.
:ohmy:

When I used to live in a shared house, one of my co-tenants gave me a card with a lovely Christmassy churchy scene on the front, along with the message: Jesus loves you.

Open the card and it said: Everyone else thinks you're a ****!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Someone once gave me a Christmas card with a picture of Steve McQueen in a Santa hat on it.

That was cool.

Top Bottom