Christmas Is Cancelled...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Nearly bloomin' was today. Today is 'walk' day for me, so I'm off out with my daughter and dog in the rain for a 3.5 mile stroll, so far all is well. But my boy is at home throwing up with a bug, so that's the wifes hands full.
Then the mobile rings, SWMBO tells me the freezer has defrosted itself overnight and the turkey, bacon etc etc is all defrosted. Wonderful - not:sad: Get home, seems some of the food is OK so we drop into next doors freezer. Quick once over the freezer, seems the door wasn't shut properly last night by someone who will remain nameless...
Amyway, I can cook the turkey tomorrow, and most of the food lost was stuff like ice-cream so not too bad.

Time to relax, but what is that dripping sound? Oh, that will be the water coming in through the French doors. Except it's not, it's coming from the plaster around the reveal:scratch:So, out in the pouring rain and wind to find the cause, turns up the silicone sealant between uPVC frame & brickwork has ages and pulled away. The heavy rain is getting blown in the gap. No chance of fixing that in this weather, so towels along the door until it dries out, hopefully tomorrow. Nothing like a bit of DIY on Christmas Eve.
Fingers crossed for a better one tomorrow....

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Yikes. Well at least that's the three things out of the way. Only way is up now :thumbsup:

Octet

Veteran
We had a similar problem on Christmas day a couple of years ago, burst water pipe.... not fun!

Good luck with getting the problems fixed.

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Spoke too soon. Literally just after hitting the post button I get 'Honey, there's no hot water, and the heating isn't on'. Boiler conked? Nope, just the pilot blown out, thankfully..

Gasman

Old enough to know better, too old to care!
Paid a flying visit to my folks (200 miles from home) with the kids. Set off for home this morning at 10:00. 6 miles up the road the car conks out. AA appeared to sort it out but conked out again after another 3 miles. Got to a garage 20 miles from my folks' house by 2:00. They can't look at it until tomorrow. Problems on the train tomorrow forecast as 80+ mph winds expected. Only good thing is mum came and took the kids back to hers when the car first went 'Phut' and I was able to get them on a train home. Lucky white heather anyone??

PS see my post on 'Yuletide Greetings' before it gets pulled.

young Ed

Veteran
unlucky all people i would like to give you good luck gut unfortunately i will probably just end up making a tree fall on your houses!.......and so won't bother trying
can't complain my self had some great help on here today and yep nothing really bad apart from i had to chase my hat a few meters as it blew off my head leaving it all exposed! :wacko::eek:
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom