Christmas songs that mean something to you.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just heard Chris Rhea singing "Driving Home For Christmas".
Years ago I was called out on Christmas eve to do an urgent quote for a government Dept. They actually handed me the order, some £50Ks worth.
Driving home, mid afternoon, filthy weather, stuck in motorway traffic and that song came on the radio. 50 grand order in my pocket......that song has stuck with me.

Brandane

Legendary Member
First memories of Christmas; putting up the Christmas decorations in the living room of our then home.
Probably 1967, with all family members present...

Jim Reeves, Silver Bells.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Just heard Chris Rhea singing "Driving Home For Christmas".
Years ago I was called out on Christmas eve to do an urgent quote for a government Dept. They actually handed me the order, some £50Ks worth.
Driving home, mid afternoon, filthy weather, stuck in motorway traffic and that song came on the radio. 50 grand order in my pocket......that song has stuck with me.
Chris was on TV the other night on Mortimer and Whitehouse go fishing Christmas special (a fantastic programme)
Chris said he wasn’t even driving when he wrote it. His girlfriend was driving because he’d been banned and lost his license!

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
This is festive.
Steven Wilson - Personal Shopper

View: https://youtu.be/sX22dFMSNcg

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Years and years ago I bought Echo and The Bunnymen's 'Porcupine' (at Virgin in the Tricorn Centre, Portsmouth) just before christmas- I didn't have much spare cash for albums so if I bought one it'd often get a lot of listens. Now I listen to it once a year over the holidays since it's the music I still most associate with this time of year.

Also Guided by Voices' 'Kicker of Elves' is a christmas song.

Top Bottom