Ciao Micro ciao Ciao

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Javelin301

My much loved Cresswell Micro was stolen from the cockpit of my boat when I was moored in Honfleur this summer. This was less than half way through my holiday so it was missed. Folders are so useful when you have a boat, so when I got home I started looking for an inexpensive replacement. A Dahon Ciao turned up nearby and I couldn't be more pleased. I have to admit that the ride is much more comfortable-(20 inch wheels and wider tyres I think). Although it's bigger, it fits in the same bag as the Micro but I haven't had it aboard yet. So another Brompton holdout.

MICRO.jpeg

DAHON.jpeg

Last known sighting of the micro

a.twiddler

Veteran
It's a bummer to get your bike filched by some lowlife. I just hope that they appreciate it, rather than selling it off to get their next fix.
Cresswell. That rings a bell. Is that the same Birmingham based company that produced This?
Cresswell Rapide made in Birmingham UK 1995.jpg

It's a Cresswell Rapide. Made in Britain! It looks very Linear-esque to me. Definitely not a folding bike so a bit of a thread derailment.

The Cresswell Micro certainly looks elegant with its double triangle design. The Ciao less so, though the low step over looks very practical.
I was a long term Brompton holdout , but it got me in the end. Still, I'm not such a Brompton evangelist as to think it's the solution for everyone, and I enjoyed my 20" folders too, over the years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Javelin301

Yes, it's the same Cresswell. Interesting history, eventually bought out by Pashley. One of those recumbents turned up at my local last summer.

Top Bottom