City Cycling anecdotes and opinions

Is Leeds an unsafe city for cyclists

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daniel Prothero

Hi guys,

As part of a university project, I am working with a group to produce a magazine focusing on cycling in Leeds.

We would like a section of our publication to feature anecdotes (funny or not), or general opinions on cycling in the city (not necessarily Leeds) from cyclists.

Also, in your opinion, which are the best cities suited to cycling and is Leeds, in particular, notorious for being unsafe for cyclists.

We would love to hear from you about anything, don't be shy!

L14M

Über Member
IMHO I don't think London is that bad. I think some cyclists are bad and some drivers are bad. There are a few bad road lay outs but if you know where your going and understand some of the complex road layouts you'll be fine!

Venod

Eh up
My cycling experience of Leeds is very positive but I don't cycle the main roads so much, I cycle down the Leeds/Liverpool canal to Leeds basin then onto the Aire & Calder Canal, well sign posted for those not familiar with the route and the path has just been resurfaced towards town, I believe there are plans to extend this resurfacing towards Bradford.

The other route I use is also well sign posted, I cycle up the Aire & Calder canal to Cross Green then the cycle path to Temple Newsam, Colton, Garforth then the Lines path to Allerton Bywater.

I sometimes use the Northern ring road East bound, I find this very busy so tend to avoid it if possible.

Top Bottom