city to city rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
hi, can we travel on cycle from city to city on bicycle, i want to go from bolton to trafford bar on bicycle, as its fun and due to recent circumstances its my only way to go there, so are there any rules from travelling bicycle city to city in uk, i dont know much rules as i am new in uk. thanks!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi and welcome to cycle chat.
You may have noticed there is a pandemic about, called covid19.
As it makes many people very sick (to date over 30000 people in the UK have died of Covid19) the UK is currently in lock down.
That means you can leave home only for essential purposes - see google for more info.
The government guidelines are that you can leave home to exercise on your bike for an hour a day, or you can ride your bike for transport or to go to work.
Yes, in normal, pre - pandemic times, you are allowed to ride your bike to wherever you want, apart from on motorways or on certain roads that are forbidden to bikes.
Stay safe.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Hi and welcome to cycle chat.
You may have noticed there is a pandemic about, called covid19.
The government guidelines are that you can leave home to exercise on your bike for an hour a day, or you can ride your bike for transport or to go to work.
Yes, in normal, pre - pandemic times, you are allowed to ride your bike to wherever you want, apart from on motorways or on certain roads that are forbidden to bikes.
Stay safe.
Can you show me where you got that from?

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Welcome @Muhammad Ali Hassan. I think that one of the general restrictions during the COVID crisis is that you can exercise for a reasonable period daily. There is no definition of what "reasonable" may be. If you want to do a round trip from Bolton to Trafford Bar, I'm sure that's fine. If you make the trip for a sweaty disco, it's totally un-cool.

I have a route, much of it traffic-free, that goes from Bolton to Trafford Park (past the Kelloggs factory) if you want it muhammed. It's a gpx, can be loaded onto many GPSs, or you can just display it on a variety of devices. Let me know if you want it.

Top Bottom