Classic CroMo MTB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I need to make room in my garage for my new bike, so this one has got to go. It's a Emmelle Classic 300 in mad gold crackle paint job. Built in the late 80s early 90s it was pretty well specced.
DSC_0162.jpg

I bought it secondhand in 1993, and used it a few times before a leg injury made me mothball it. It was kept for the next 15 years in the garage, and last summer I dug it out and revived it. (to be honest, it just needed new cables and regreasing)

This predates the point at which Emmelle started selling cheap and chearful bikes, and has quality finishing kit given the date, with lightweight alloy wheels, shimano hubs, 7 speed hyperglide 12-28 cassette, shimano biopace triple chainset (it's bloody fast on the flat and downhill!),
DSC_0170.jpg

Flat bars, SIS shifters and Exage rear mech with centrepull brakes
DSC_0165.jpg
The biopace chainset was all the rage back then, and is making a bit of a comeback now!
DSC_0166.jpg

It's a 20 or 21" frame, which fits my 34 inside leg very well with some adjustment available on the QR seatpost.

Not the lightest bike in the world, it's shod with virtually unworn half-knobblies and would make the perfect commuter/towpath bike for the budget conscious. Or a great collector's classic.

Make me an offer around the £75 mark.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I LOVE the paintwork. It would go well with my gold bathroom suite and jewellery.

yello

Ping the 'dodger. He was looking for classic hard tail mtb's a whilst back... and that's a beaut.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
If it's still available at the end of the month (payday), I may well be interested.

I'm in Holmfirth so popping over to have a look shouldn't be too arduous :laugh:

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
Kestevan said:
If it's still available at the end of the month (payday), I may well be interested.

I'm in Holmfirth so popping over to have a look shouldn't be too arduous ;)

Noticed your sig line. If you do pop over I live at Scapegoat Hill, so it will be uphill both ways!!

I'm off to France end of next week, but back end of first week in August. More than welcome to view anytime. PM me

Duane

Emmelle Classic 300

Kestevan said:

I'm in Holmfirth so popping over to have a look shouldn't be too arduous :eek:

;) Sorry to jump on the band wagon here but I also have an Emmelle Classic 300 gold crackle paint if anyone is interested in making me an offer.
I am in Barnsley, S Yorks, but can also bring to kirkburton Huddersfield.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom