Classic Parts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonsidneyb

I am going to guess this is considered a classic.

I have a Trek 520 made in 1986. I destroyed a crank lever, chainring says Shimano on it.

Is there anyway to tell what model this is and how I might go about finding the part?

compo

Veteran
Unless you are wanting to keep the bike as original as possible you don't have to replace the cranks with original equipment. From the 1980's I would assume it is a square taper fitting onto the bottom bracket and the world is your oyster for replacements. Just match the crank length and number of teeth on the chainrings and any LBS, or even Hafords, will be able to fix you up.

OP
OP
J

jonsidneyb

Unless you are wanting to keep the bike as original as possible you don't have to replace the cranks with original equipment. From the 1980's I would assume it is a square taper fitting onto the bottom bracket and the world is your oyster for replacements. Just match the crank length and number of teeth on the chainrings and any LBS, or even Hafords, will be able to fix you up.

Thanks, I was thinking about staying original but I could change. I will have to do everything mail order. There are no LBS's in a very long distance from me.

Top Bottom