Classifieds double-vision ...

Shaun

Founder
I'm modifying the Classifieds section so for a short while both the current and new versions will be visible.

I've made the current classifieds read-only and will begin moving threads over to the new (categorised) classifieds shortly. Once I've got the active threads moved the current classifieds will be removed from view and I'll continue the thread migration in the background.

The new classifieds use a prefix to denote whether items are for sale, auction, exchange, etc. and members will now be responsible for marking their completed sales as Sold and finished auctions as Ended.

To see all For Sale threads in a classified section, just click on the prefix. To see all threads again, click on the delete prefix tab at the top of the thread list. The same applies to all prefixes.

I'm fairly sure I've got all the permissions transferred over but if you notice anything isn't working as it was before place let me know. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

PS. I've also lowered the entry criteria so new members get access 5 days earlier. ^_^

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Some of the For Sale threads in the read-only forum have multiple items in them. I'm doing my best to split them up into individual threads under the new categories, but if you find I've made a mistake please let me know so I can correct it.

Cheers,

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
It's going to take some time to migrate threads from the previous classifieds forums so I've enabled replies to the read-only section; you can't post any new threads there, use the new forums for new classifieds threads, but this should at least allow any on-going negotiations to be continued. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Having tried the new system for a short while, I'm not really liking the prefixes; also, having all the For Sale threads under the same parent seemed to work better than the new set-up. So ... I'm going to revert to the previous separation but add a couple of sub-forums to allow for a small amount of separation (to ease searching for specific items).

It's going to take me a little while to revert the forums and threads so bear with me whilst I work on it.

Cheers,

Top Bottom