Claud butler?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CommuterBen

Regular
How much should I be looking to pay for a 2011 Claud butler echelon?! Would be my first bike and just want to make sure I'm not paying over the odds.

image.jpg

Claud Butler Echelon road bike, 16 gears, Carbon Fork, aluminium frame. Very light use since purchase, really good condition. Frame size 23", I'm 5'10 and its right for me Light use since purchase a year ago.

Any help welcomed Ben

OP
OP
CommuterBen

CommuterBen

Regular
Actually might be older than 2011 thinking about it!

vickster

Legendary Member
I am not sure what Shimano 2200 gears are - they are normally 2300?

Is he local, go look at it and then make an offer if it is right for you :smile:

OP
OP
CommuterBen

CommuterBen

Regular
It's About an hour away and going to view tomorrow night! Might be a silly question but how will I know if its right for me? I've never ridden a road bike!

OP
OP
CommuterBen

CommuterBen

Regular
Haha your not the first to state this trust me! I'm just trying to exhaust all my options before moving onto it as I don't really have the extra £50 to spend at this moment in time

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
2200 is just old 2300, Shimano increment the number when the new version comes along. So basically, that bike has the old bottom of the line kit. The Triban has the current bottom of the line kit (unless there is now a 2400, although it seems Sora and DA got the biggest overhauls this year, paddle shift for Sora was a big step, 11 spd for DA was a big change).

OP
OP
CommuterBen

CommuterBen

Regular
2200 is just old 2300, Shimano increment the number when the new version comes along. So basically, that bike has the old bottom of the line kit. The Triban has the current bottom of the line kit (unless there is now a 2400, although it seems Sora and DA got the biggest overhauls this year, paddle shift for Sora was a big step, 11 spd for DA was a big change).

So what would you say the bike is worth roughly?

Top Bottom