Clean and lube bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
Had "fun" yesterday cycling to the inlaws for a BBQ, and got soaked. Once I got there, I quickly dried the bike with some paper towels and then had to take off the wheels and stash it in the car to take home later.

So, today Im going to get it out and give it a once over (well, might as well).

The question is, what should I do and what should I use?

Cleaning it is easy, baby wipes etc. but what should I use to clean and relube the chain, gear systems and any other bits that move? Im going to pop out at lunch to town, so let me know what I need to buy....

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Had "fun" yesterday cycling to the inlaws for a BBQ, and got soaked. Once I got there, I quickly dried the bike with some paper towels and then had to take off the wheels and stash it in the car to take home later.

So, today Im going to get it out and give it a once over (well, might as well).

The question is, what should I do and what should I use?

Cleaning it is easy, baby wipes etc. but what should I use to clean and relube the chain, gear systems and any other bits that move? Im going to pop out at lunch to town, so let me know what I need to buy....

Dry Lube is my lube of choice.

sabian92

Über Member
Finish Line Wet Lube for me.

Picks up more gunk than the dry but it works far better. If you clean your chain often it won't matter anyway.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Finish Line Wet Lube for me.

Picks up more gunk than the dry but it works far better. If you clean your chain often it won't matter anyway.

i've found it does indeed pick up a lot of gunk, especially the route i use. regular cleaning is a must with a wet lube methinks

... Giggedy

pete

Top Bottom