Cleaning your crosser

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I was in Halfords yesterday (Ms. P was looking for presents in Hobbycraft and I got bored). The bike section was crap so I was browsing round the car stuff and ended up buying a Hoselock portable car wash- it's a 5L container with a bit of hose attached, there's a handle on the top like a track pump to pressurise the container. £20.

Used it today and it's much quicker than my bucket and sponge method at getting the mud off. It comes with a sort of shower head attachment- this works particularly well since it uses less water. Combined with an old washing-up brush it does a pretty good job.

This is it

Young Un

The hoselock weed sprayer was all I needed today. The mud was really liquidy so the sprayer did a brillliant job, so good that I didn't have to wash it when I got home.

Steve

watersj

You are ok with a jet wash as long as you dont get it in the head set bearings and bottom brckt.

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
The tricky thing is when the bike is really caked and you've got to ride home and there's three Polish guys manning the jetwash..

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
It is a problem, no spare bike or wheels for me. Maybe I'll start a "cyclocross without a car" thread, but I suspect it'll be lonely there.

For events in London (Hillingdon and Herne Hill) a few entrants turn up on their bikes.

Dave5N

Über Member
palinurus said:
It is a problem, no spare bike or wheels for me. Maybe I'll start a "cyclocross without a car" thread, but I suspect it'll be lonely there.

For events in London (Hillingdon and Herne Hill) a few entrants turn up on their bikes.

I'd start a 'lift share' thread....

Top Bottom