Cleat help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gratts

My dhb R1 shoes arrived this morning, they look alright considering the price :ohmy:
One thing though, there are no cleats!
Am I right in thinking that they usually come with the shoes?
They made no mention of it either way on the website, but if it's the 'done thing' then a little cheeky!
This is what they look like underneath. Question..do I need to buy specific cleats, or will most fit or what?

Cheers :angry:

Young Un

Cant get onto wiggle on this laptop, but I am guessing that they have three holes in a triangular shape on the sole. Cleats always come with the pedd;es as there are so many different types. The three bolt fitment will take either look cleats or shimano spd-sl cleats so these are the pedals you need to buy. If the shoe also has two groves down the shoe this means that they will take sspd cleats, eggbeater cleats etc etc.

Steve

ChrisKH

Guru
Young Un said:
Cant get onto wiggle on this laptop, but I am guessing that they have three holes in a triangular shape on the sole. Cleats always come with the shoes as there are so many different types. The three bolt fitment will take either look cleats or shimano spd-sl cleats so these are the pedals you need to buy. If the shoe also has two groves down the shoe this means that they will take sspd cleats, eggbeater cleats etc etc.

Steve

I think young un means shoes don't come with the cleats as the shoe manufacturer has no idea what pedals you are using.

Your cleat choice depends on the pedals you are using. You can't just put any old cleats on.

What pedals you got? You have actually got pedals for cleated shoes haven't you..............?;)

OP
OP
G

gratts

I have the Shimano 520s. So I'm looking for compatibility with the peddle rather than the shoe? Do all cleats fit on the shoes then?

OP
OP
G

gratts

Well turns out there were cleats with the pedals, they'd simply just fallen out the bottom of the box they came in :biggrin::blush:
Anyway, peddles changed, cleats attached, and I've been practising clipping in and out against a wall and still managed to topple over..no idea how..;)

No doubt I'll have at least paralysis to report back on tomorrow when I go out on the roads..:smile:

iLB

Hello there
chin up gratts, fitted my clipless yesterday and was out riding without much difficulty today, found it harder getting back in than it was to get out.

Top Bottom