Cleats on Lidl shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jim_Noir

nOOb queestion I know, but how do you do this> Do you take the rubber bit off then attach the cleats or what? :wacko:

OP
OP
Jim_Noir

Jim_Noir

Ok think I sussed this out... next question... how do you know the correct position for them?

colinr

You keep trying different positions until it feels right! There is no scientific way that I know of.

SimonC

The ball of your foot should be over the pedal axle, or to put it another way the knuckle of your big toe should be on the centre line of the cleat. Thats your starting point. Set em up like that, go for a ride and take your allen key with you for any tweaks when your out.

What you dont want to be doing is pedalling with your toes.

By centreline, I mean centreline side to side not front to back. If they are SPD cleats then the line through the allen key bolt heads.

Jim

I started off with my cleats fairly central, then made minor adjustments from there.

Remember if your using clipless for the first time, I would loosen the tension on the pedal, (you will see the allen bolt) if your pedals are double sided you will need to loosen both. As you get used to them you can always tighten again.
Nothing worse than stopping at the traffic lights and falling off because you cant get your feet out!
Again if you have not used clipless before, you need to twist your foot sideways to get out.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i find that the lidl shoes, good value as they are, need to have the cleat tightened every so often, as the it tends to work loose over time and can take longer to get your foot out.

maybe that's the same for all spds, i run look pedals most of the time.

OP
OP
Jim_Noir

Jim_Noir

Thanks folks. Have them set to the weakest possition. been proped up against a wall and trying it. Can clip in ok... clipping out isn't so easy! it's quite a judder, but I think I have funny hips and when I turn my heel/foot outwards my hip seems to twist too... but ig I twist towards the frame I get out easy, but I assume that's asking for a heel in the back wheel!

Suppose it's diffrent when you are on the move, well tomorrows ride to work will be more fun than normal :tongue:

OP
OP
Jim_Noir

Jim_Noir

Clipless moment ;) Came to the ferry to cross the clyde and came to a stop... opps! Couple of wee neds where sitting drinking (yes at 8am)... they rushed over to help me up but had to explain I had to take my shoes of first. Wee bit of road rash on the knee and elbow... did get offred a swig of buckfast though. Still can't seem to unclip outwards

Top Bottom