Clever monkey!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I knew it!!!
I always knew they were smarter then us.
I think it could be humans lazyness more though.
The chimps cant be as smart as you think, they should of refused to do it untill they got more peanuts, so they go more peanuts each time. Should of haggled!;)

zimzum42

Legendary Member
It's still flawed though. OK, a chimp can do this one thing pretty damn well. But I'm not holding my breath waiting for the chimps to build a 747 or a skyscraper or to be able to come up with a language with a capacity to express as wide a range of information as humans.

They can keep tapping screens for peanuts and self-gratifying at tourists all day, they are not smarter than us....

Mr Pig

It's flawed for another reason. Humans don't live in trees!

A chimp has to be able to throw itself around thirty foot up in the trees without falling to its death. As well as great hand-eye coordination it also has to be able make very rapid mental maps of where all the branches are. One glance probably fixes in its mind the exact location on every obstacle and grasp point so that it can move swiftly and seamlessly through the treetops.

It's not general intelligence, it's a life skill. The test, whilst very cool, is about as relevant as a man racing a Cheetah. Gets some nerd with a lab coat his five minutes though so hey ;0)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
zimzum42 said:
They can keep tapping screens for peanuts and self-gratifying at tourists all day, they are not smarter than us....
Or looked at another way, they can live a life doing all that and not have to think about flying 747s or building skyscrapers to earn a crust :laugh:

TWBNK

If I didn't know where the supermarket was I would get quite good at memorising numbers for peanuts, and possibly quite quickly.

Top Bottom