Clicking noise from crank set?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

upandover

Guru
Hi,

I wonder if you could offer some advice please.

My new bike has started making some clicking or almost tapping noises, that seem to come from the crank area, whenever I put additional pressure on the pedals, such as standing on them or pushing them around in too high a gear.

I've done around 200 mile so it so far, it's an electric one, and I've not been impressed particularly by the build quality. Could this be something loose that I need to tighten, or do I need to be a little more concerned?

Thanks

Steve

shimano

IMHO your supplying dealer should have offered you a free service after x time/miles. If you've bought over the internet and you're not handy with some spanners now's the time to acquaint yourself with your LBS. At a guess your pedal crank bearings need a spot of adjustment.

OP
OP
upandover

upandover

Guru
Thanks,

My google searches bought up something similar, so it's good to hear it from you.

I bought the electric online as I couldn't get it at all, or cycle scheme anywhere nearby, but I wish I had been able to.

My new road bike hybrid was from Decathlon, and it's been great to be able to back to the shop with it....
Thanks again

Steve

Top Bottom