Clipless pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

llllllll

I need some new pedals and was thinking of giving clipless another go, any recommendations? I've had a go with some Looks in the past, but I didn't stick with it very long after I had a few near misses while trying to clip in. I guess a double sided pedal would be easier. Just to make it a bit harder I've had too many bad expriences with Shimano to put any more business thier way.
I like the look or rather the claimed weights of Speedplays are they any good?

TimP

Get recessed cleats so you can walk around in the shoes.

Check out some LBS bargain buckets for pedals - my LBS has crankbrothers pedals going for a tenner which have been removed from new bikes.

Time ATACs and Crankbrother's eggbeaters (you get four sided with these) both use a very similar mechanism for clipping which is far neater than the tensioning screw of SPDs.

Spend more money and they get lighter, but if you are not sure if you'll stick with them I would get something cheap to see whether you get on with them. Clipping in becomes more natural the more you do it, make sure that the tread of your shoe does not interfere with the pedal and that the cleat is at the right angle for your foot position.

Hont

Guru
llllllll said:
I like the look or rather the claimed weights of Speedplays are they any good?

I have frogs (compatible with MTB shoes) and I like them. Much easier to clip into than SPDs (can do it most times without looking at the foot), but they are expensive if you're unsure.

Top Bottom