clipless pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martinarchtech

brought road bike for 28 mile spin this morning----- only a select few mornings as i dont like getting it wet :smile:

was about 200 metres from home which is a steep incline. on the way up the hill i thought i heard click coming from transmission somewhere ? i stopped and checked and could find nothing wrong :wacko:

i remounted and clipped back into pedals, stood on pedals and "honked "
up the hill, then still pedaling furiously no drive to rear wheel :biggrin:
i looked down no chain there .... time goes in slow motion now as i realise what is going to happen...... fall over to the right into the road xx(

lucky none of the neighbours seen me and pointed the finger at the old man wearing the funny clothes :wacko:

i was more concerned about any damage to the bike !!!

what need to be done to check bike components for damage /allignment?

i have checked th bike over and seems to all be fine in my opinion ??

got the joy of fitting a nice new silver chain that looks cool :biggrin:

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Have you examined the old chain to see where it broke?

I'd have a quick look at the teeth on the chainring/cassette just to make sure they haven't been damaged.

OP
OP
M

martinarchtech

one of the side plates around the hole snapped , the other side of same like just pulled apart with the fore of pedalling .

the only place on the bike i seen damaged is the end of right handlebars.
sti lever did hit the road luckly. rear mech looks ok too. everything looks straight and allinged , but hope i am not missing something i should be checking .

accountantpete

Brexiteer
No -you should be ok then.

Sometimes the side plate can fracture when the chain is put back together - I've had one or two that have cracked slightly during this process so I always check the appropriate link closely.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Yep the clipless moment usually comes when you are distracted by something and forget that you need to uncleat...

Least ways that's what happens to me B)

Top Bottom