Clockwork Hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Orange is now converted for commuting use!

DSC00811.jpg

Had to use a bit of lateral thinking to mount the shifters:

RotationofDSC00797.jpg

All set for starting my new commute next week! Hayfield - Manchester Airport, 17 1/2 miles each way.

Goldie

Über Member
I was hoping you'd stick some more photos of your Clockwork up - I saw the glimpse of the front end in the "Steel..." thread. That's a real man's commute - plenty of beefy hills on the way home. But you've got the right bike for the job...

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
From the pics you have attached your front brake is behind the fork instead of in front, never seen that arrangement before. Dont think its quite right.

:laugh:

I'll get straight on to Pace and tell them!

No, honestly, that's how this fork is. The brake bridge is on the back; look at the axle fittings if you think it's on the wrong way... Fork dates back to about '93 or '94 I think.

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
BTW just done my first one-way trip; it took me an hour & a quarter. Don't think it'll be quite as fast on the uphill run at 2pm!

Oh god, it's Friday as well! :rolleyes: Must watch out for all those Ford and BMW drivers doing an extra 10mph 'cos it's Friday...

zoso7

Sorry to sound like a c$$k, never seen that before, looks wrong to the untrained eye who doesn't know it should be like that!!

Why has that arrangement never kicked off with other manufacturers?! is it not as efficient/reliable as standard brake in front arrangement or something?!

anyhow, nice bike all the same!!

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Thanks!

I wonder if nobody else adopted it because a lot of crap tends to be deposited on the brake...

Lovely Orange! I've got one from mid 90s. I can see yours is later than that by the decals. Same colour, black. I have had different stem, bars etc over the course of time as I've got less fit (and older) so I'm a bit more upright. Also some new black Mavics too. You might have seen it on her at some time.

I wonder if you can tell me what tyres you've got on and how puncture proof they are? I seem to go through glass where I live, have to through a certain area where 'yoofs' chuck their beer and alco pop bottles around so need some tough tyres.

Top Bottom