Close call this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

noelmg

I had my first "close call" this morning on my way in. Was heading south down this bit along the combined cycle/footpath (yes there are signs on the lampposts but no markings). The traffic was as usual, gridlocked both ways. There I am, as usual, check my left shoulder before crossing the car park entrance. Clear, so proceeded to cross, got half way across, next thing I know a huge MPV type thing decides to shoot out from the southbound carriageway, across a car that had to slap on, and in his rush didn't see I was happily pedalling halfway across the entrance. He slapped on as he finally saw me, I swerved right, and he stopped inches from my left leg
ohmy.gif

I'd have ended up in his windscreen I guess.

Bit of a brown trousers moment!

dand_uk

Hi I see that you are in a 30mph zone and the road is fairly wide. If it is congested I would probably take my chances on road, you are much more visible here and are likely to be able to keep up with traffic.

If you can keep up with traffic then hold a position in line with the rear view mirror of the car in front.

If the traffic is slower then you may prefer to filter, there are different opinions about which side to pass, I would probably pass on the right.

Top Bottom