Close calls and telling your nearest and dearest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Only if you send me a bunch of flowers.:smile:

(via email of course)

Maz

Guru
horchow_flowers.jpg

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I don't tell my OH 'cos every time I have she's told me what a numpty I am & how it's all my own fault.

yenrod

Lights change: me right of way - bloke waiting to turn across me - I have R.O.W. - 'cept he cant wait = so goes - and in doing so waves in acknowledgement ;)

...riding on road - pass a parked car; one car passes me close as they simply couldnt be arsed slowing etc...give them the fingers only to have another bunch of sperms in a cage pass (pals of the other bollock in front) so lights are approaching...

Would have give them all something to think about had those lights stayed on red.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I told the missus about the nutter who stopped his car to have a go at me - at the time I thought there was a real chance of him trying for seconds, and I didn't want him to get away with it if I wasn't there to tell the tale.

Otherwise I tend to limit it to saying "Oh, just close overtakes, the usual". I do try to note the regs of usual suspects, again, just in case I'm not there to tell the tale.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I told my Dad how I walked through the Hezbollah encampment in central beirut on Saturday night. Big mistake, he's been seriously worried all week, even though the encampment is perfectly safe and is there to make a political statement rather than to provide any threat......

I tell my other half most things that happen to me. Usually she starts trying to make excuses for the drivers involved. She's not very good at sympathy.:blush:

frog

I did the the first couple of times but her reaction was 'Well, you must have done something to deserve it'. Which I thought was a bit harsh. Then I realised she hadn't ridden a bike since her mid teens so the 'the mighty car is always right' is pretty much her mantra.

We have the odd discussion about cyclists when we're out driving and I point out what the law is and the fact the cyclist has done nothing wrong but the motorist could be had up for dangerous driving or attempted murder.

It's took 4 years to get her to acknowledge that cherry picking the laws you want to obey and ignore can be rewarding for you but lethal for others. The longer the silence after the discussion the greater the impact it seems to have had :blush:

Top Bottom