Close pass and mobile user - to report or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Hard to say on the closeness of the pass as you look quite far across your lane so the van couldn’t have really given much more room however I’d definitely report for the phone
Of course he could give more room by waiting for the next lane to be clear and making a proper textbook overtake instead of carelessly squeezing past. Definite report for both offences. Get that idiot to either behave or surrender their licence ASAP.

The van driver has no respect for other road users and no respect for the law. I understand the issue of retribution because we never know what we are dealing with, but I think he should be reported. Here in the USA I carry a concealed gun in case I have to deal with dangerous drivers and may be confronted by one. I just hope it never comes to that.

Good God. Where do you carry a gun on a bike? And do cyclists prefer a lightweight gun or one with more stopping power?

Slick

Guru
Good God. Where do you carry a gun on a bike? And do cyclists prefer a lightweight gun or one with more stopping power?

1678604199655.png

1678604199655.png

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Here in the USA I carry a concealed gun in case I have to deal with dangerous drivers and may be confronted by one. I just hope it never comes to that.
So what's the thinking here Charley? I realise that in a country with more guns than people it might be wise to be prepared.
So what's your plan should you meet a pumped up motorist who might have a gun? Do you wait for them to draw first, western style, or do you do it first forcing them to back down?
If it came to it does the guy who's the better shot win? I'd love to know.
Presumably if he draws first and fires and then you shoot and fatally wound him you won't be prosecuted as you were defending yourself?

Last edited:
Top Bottom