clubs on strava

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking at the cycling clubs on strava,it seems most of the members do not ride with each other and some of them do not even live in the area of the club.
Anyone got any more information on this please.

A club like Cycle Chat on Strava has member from all over, it not like you are limited; it the www you know ;)

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I don't use Strava but I know a lot of our guys do and will be "recording" the club ride on Saturday or Sunday.

Perhaps that's why it appears they aren't riding together?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I don't use Strava but I know a lot of our guys do and will be "recording" the club ride on Saturday or Sunday.

Perhaps that's why it appears they aren't riding together?
"In order to be included in a group activity, you'll need to match at least 40% of the same segments, and start those segments within a minute of another user. The 40% threshold allows for other users to join a group ride or run mid-way through, or leave early as long as they match the set percentage. Also, the set criteria of starting a segment within the same minute of other users limits the possibility of a false positive for a group activity match. "

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Could you ask a better question? I don't live in the area of the CC strava club, and chances are I'll never be shown on a ride with a member of it.

Don't really understand what you're trying to ask :ohmy:

HorTs

Über Member
They don't have to be actual geographically grouped clubs. They can be groups of friends from all over the world who to want to follow each others activities in one place.

Last edited:
Top Bottom