Clutha

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inthecup

Hi All,

After doing a little work on the Clutha Bar Glasgow after the tradegy & seeing the utter devistation with my own eyes, I was thinking of any way I could help out.

I've got a loose idea (with me being a beginner in the cycling world) for a charity ride. The thought was maybe meeting at the Clutha doing 40 - 60 miles towards Loch Lomond then ending at the Clutha. Maybe £5 per head (or whatever people could afford) with all money going to charity.

Would be good to hear what you guys think and also get an idea of numbers of forum members & friends that would be interested.

(I don't work for the emergency services by the way)

Cheers.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
What charity do you intend to support?
Could put the idea to my ladies riding group, but obviously will have to give them more details.

Good idea, but I would wait for the minute.

There will be a response that deals with the urgent issues and also there will be compensation etc.

Give it a week or so and there will be an organised fund that targets what is needed. At that stage get involved

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Good idea, but I would wait for the minute.

There will be a response that deals with the urgent issues and also there will be compensation etc.

Give it a week or so and there will be an organised fund that targets what is needed. At that stage get involved
I was asking for more details as there already are collections in Glasgow for the "Clutha found", was working at an event yesterday where collections were taken at the cloakroom, request sign handwritten on a piece of A4 :scratch:
Who this found is administrated by and in aid of whom (victim's families, emergency forces or others) I don't know.

OP
OP
Inthecup

Inthecup

I understand compensation, insurances, government donations etc will be paid out but it's always good to do "your bit".

Just an idea for now anyway. I was looking firstly to see if anyone would be interested.

I was not trying to discourage, or suggest that you should not help.......... just offering advice on how to ensure the money you raise was effectively used.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
It is important to make sure your money is going where you think its going .In this case I think its not just the money but the feeling of support that it will give to the families affected.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Inthecup

Inthecup

It is important to make sure your money is going where you think its going .In this case I think its not just the money but the feeling of support that it will give to the families affected.

Thanks for your comments. This is why I posted on here to get your ideas and thoughts.

Maybe any money raised could go towards a plaque or something of remembrance donated to the pub if it was ever to get rebuilt.

Top Bottom