Co2 gas inflators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

huwsparky

Über Member
But of a silly question I'm sure.

Had a puncture today and I'm looking to make things easier in the future.

Been looking for gas canisters/tubes etc on the net and have no idea which ones I need as I'm not sure what type of valve etc I have?

I have a Giant Defy with P-R3 tyres 25mm.

Any help to avoid me buying the wrong things would be greatly appreciated!

vickster

Legendary Member
Be a Presta valve on a roadbike

screenman

Legendary Member
It will likely be a Presta, but you could Google image cycle valves and compare.

I have 4 CO2 pumps, they all do both of the types of valves generally used on cycles.

Remember that the P*nct*re Fairy is not alone......

There is a whole culture out there, and the CO2 cylinder Fairy works with their colleagues to ensure that the number of p*nct*res will always be be more than the number of cartridges you carry

P+1

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Remember that the P*nct*re Fairy is not alone......

There is a whole culture out there, and the CO2 cylinder Fairy works with their colleagues to ensure that the number of p*nct*res will always be be more than the number of cartridges you carry

P+1
On 2 of my bikes I carry a 'traditional' pump as well as my CO2, but on the new road bike I have no intention of another pump, so It's just the CO2 & my dilemma is how many cartridges to carry. Normally carry 2, or 3 on a long ride (50+ miles) but in nearly 3k miles this year I think the fairy has only visited 2 or 3 times. Not sure if I've just been lucky this year, or if its regular checking of tyres, pressure etc. My worst day several years ago I had 3 visits in my 16 mile commute one morning going to work :angry: so carrying only 2 cartridges could be a disaster!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Just get a decent length pump. The number of times in groups have arsed about with CO2 and ended up using the pump anyhow.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If you are carrying C02, then it's always best to carry a pump also. C02 is great to have and saves a good amount of time. But unless you are carrying a good load of cartridges there's always the risk of being stuck somewhere with no gas and no pump.

Gez73

Veteran
Been watching this thread and was wondering if you could use CO2 cartridges to fully inflate a 35mm 700c tyre or are they just for roadies? Would never not have a pump to be fair too but for Winter might consider the convenience if it would do the job. I use a rack bag anyway so space rarely a consideration. Cheers Gez

Soltydog

Legendary Member
InflationChart_zpsaf77565e.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
If you use a pump only then check it regularly, mate of mine did not and had a long walk on a dark rainy night.

Top Bottom