CO2 What might I be doing wrong

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

Not sure why everyone is fixating on things freezing. Surely the problem is that there's still something in the tyre causing a puncture. With the pump you're not putting so much pressure into the inner tube, so it's not (yet) being punctured, When you used CO2 it was possibly being forced into whatever is sticking out very slightly on the inside of the tyre?

I thought the OP thought that there was ice in the tube or in the valve at least causing deflation ( maybe freezing valve open or something )

OP
OP
mangid

mangid

Guru
Not sure why everyone is fixating on things freezing. Surely the problem is that there's still something in the tyre causing a puncture. With the pump you're not putting so much pressure into the inner tube, so it's not (yet) being punctured, When you used CO2 it was possibly being forced into whatever is sticking out very slightly on the inside of the tyre?
The fist replacement tube failed near the valve (5mm) on the inside, I could see the hole, definitely not due to the original puncture (which I had identified, and done my best to clean up). The second was a patched tube, and I put that down to a bad repair. Original inflated just fine once patched and did me for the 60 miles home.

U

User6179

I've got a Minimorph look-alike. It does take quite a lot of strokes to inflate a tyre, but no strength required because of its track pump-like design.

I found a cheap plastic pump on the road one day which I use in the winter ( fits in winter jacket back pocket) and it pumps to nearly a 100 psi in about 100 reps , cost nothing and works great , should of sent the Topeak back at the time , rarely puncture on summer bike so I can put up with it for the 2/3 punctures in 3/4000 miles , it looks good though :laugh:

Peteaud

Veteran
Nothing wrong with co2, ive not had an issue.

However as the op is just pushing it on and not using the trigger to control, i wonder if this is part of the problem.

Top Bottom