Coast to Coast in a Day 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Done it a couple of times but missed this year due to injury. Fantastic ride, and probably the best supported/organised sportive I've ever seen.

Entries for 2017 opened at 12 today, and I've got my entry in.
Suspect it will sell out very quickly, so best get a move on if you want to enter.

http://www.opencycling.com/coast-to-coast-in-a-day/

Entries still available, starts near my home and finished t'other side near parents. Thinking might be a nice first sportive ride. Can you enter solo or does it need to be a team ? Anyone else any reviews of this ride ?

Many thanks
Paul

OP
OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
You can enter solo, but it can be a long hard day in the saddle on your own.
Although saying that, there's plenty of small groups to tag along with and unlike some sportives there is a very good community spirit on the ride....probably because 90% just want to complete rather than racing for a fast time...

Hmmm....I've done 130 miles in a day before , in the Scottish Borders. I'm already doing the Fred Whitton and the Peak Epic long route next year as well!

I thought the Fred Whitton opened for entries in January or have you defered from this year ? I was looking st the FW but think I need much more training and mileage under my belt.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Did this in 2014 and this year , great ride and this year was a nice westerly and sun all day, going to give 2017 a miss and go with the 2018 , every two years is enough apart to keep it fresh and get rid of the memory of the hills involved.

OP
OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Just prepping the bike for this Saturday.

Good luck to anyone else on here riding this year.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Hope all went well , the weather and wind direction made it look a good day, just been getting my bike ready for the Wales in day next weekend, they say its a bit if a beast.

dan1981stu

Über Member
I rode the C2C in a day this year - good fun!

2017-06-24_07-56-41_600.jpeg

Top Bottom