England : Essex colchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldcoast

There's one which is run from cycle revolution. I believe they have an open ride (beginners, etc) on Tuesdays. Unfortunately I haven't been able to join in on these, wish I could but being in Clacton & time restraints on Tuesdays make it difficult so can't give first hand knowledge. The bloke I spoke to told me they ride around 17kph and no one gets dropped. They also run a Sunday club but that's for the more performance riders.

OP
OP
nickg

nickg

Über Member
Cheers goldcoast. Ive actually looked at joining colchester rovers club. And im planning to go out for a club ride with them in the upcoming weeks. They run on a sunday morning.

Hi Guys, I'm very close to you both in St Osyth. I've been planning to get out with the VCR guys but for one reason or another haven't made it yet. I'd be interested to know how you get on with the Rovers to see what they're like. I'm trying to get out as much as possible and generally up for a ride if you fancy it, there are a couple of us in the area who go out from time to time, maybe we can join up at some time?
Andy

OP
OP
nickg

nickg

Über Member
Hi andy. Yes that sounds good to me. Im bit busy at the moment but hopefully in the next few weeks it will ease off.and then we could sort out a ride.

Goldcoast

yeah that sounds good to me! like nickg I'm busy for the next few weeks (kid clubs, L2B and really want to try and get to the forum Manningtree ride) but once things calm a bit I'll be up for that.

I might have to get my speed up so I'm not lagging behind you both :smile:

No worries Guys, I'm generally up for a ride most weekends, or possibly some evenings, but I'm away between the 20th and 26th June, when your ready just post up. There are a couple of other lads my way who may want to join us so we might be able to make it a bit of a group ride?

PhunkyPhil

Regular
Hi guys, just spotted the post about Colchester. I live here and am a member of the Rovers and also do the ride from the Cycle Revolution shop on Tuesday evenings (time permitting).

The Rover club rides are quite slow so I don't do them very often but they are good if you are starting out plus they all get together and do a few of the local sportives if that's something your interested in.

The

PhunkyPhil

Regular
Oops. Accidentally posted before finishing post.

The Cycle Revolution ride on Tuesday usually has 2 groups and rides a set 30 mile course. The faster group gloves above 20 mph and sometimes 21 mph. The slower group tries to stick together and has a varied range of abilities.

If you haven't tried one of the rides yet I'd recommend them.

mrBishboshed

I am new to road bikes and group rides. I've recently started going out with The Randonneurs Road Club. They meet under the clock tower in Coggeshall at 9am on Wednesdays and Sundays. Have a look at the link and see what you think.

Come over one Sunday and i will treat you to a cake and cup of something hot when we stop at a cafe half way round. It makes a massive difference getting out with other riders. I was a lone wolf for too long.
http://www.randonneurs.co.uk/

Top Bottom