Cold feet!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Now the temperature has dropped I notice I'm getting cold feet. I have some neoprene overshoes that I use in the wet BUT I have to walk across the company car park to the changing rooms and they wear quite quickly.

Have seen some companies do a lycra based "over-sock" (for want of a better description). I assume these are easier to get on and off?!? More importantly does anyone have them and do they keep the heat in/wind out? If yes, can anyone recommend a particular one?

defy-one

your shoes have lots of vents which are great in warmer temps. easy cheap modification is to use gaffer tape to seall all the vents in the front 1/3 of the shoes.
doesn't look great, but your overshoes will cover them over the winter months.

OP
OP
SquareDaff

SquareDaff

Über Member
your shoes have lots of vents which are great in warmer temps. easy cheap modification is to use gaffer tape to seall all the vents in the front 1/3 of the shoes.
doesn't look great, but your overshoes will cover them over the winter months.
Why did I not think of that - obvious!! I'd rather have warm feet than look good.

Zakalwe

Kick it old school with an actual pair of socks pulled over your shoes. Cut a hole for the cleats and you're away, knowing looks from cyclists who matter an added bonus.

defy-one

Kick it old school with an actual pair of socks pulled over your shoes. Cut a hole for the cleats and you're away, knowing looks from cyclists who matter an added bonus.

i cut up the ankle section of my shin pads yesterday to cover the front 3rd of my road shoes. then cut a big rough hole for the cleats to go through. overshoes on after..... toasty warm feet on my hour long ride yesterday.
a little fettle required on the left mod as the cleat was reluctant to clip in, but it worked real well. (pics to follow)

Top Bottom