Cold Turkey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
urgh

My head

for the last 3 years I have had a redbull for breakfast, and on hard days at work, maybe a can of monster in the afternoon.

because of my sleeping issues I have not touched the stuff this week, but bloody hell, the "Come down" from not taking them is a killer !

Have replaced a redbull for breakfast with paracetamol and a smoothie

It's all about baby steps but I'll get there.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Caffeine withdrawl is a bitch!!
I quit smoking 5 years ago, no probs. I can choose whether to drink alcohol or not, no probs.
I had to go caffeine free a while back for a couple of weeks, for some medical tests... Dear god I almost turned feral!!
I became snappy, bitchy, I got the shakes & sweats, I couldn't even walk through the town centre, as every other building is a coffee shop, the smell was pure torture.
My name is Mandy & I am a caffeine addict

Zoiders

6'3" and 13 stone?

Time to stop dude, you aren't a narrow framed yet tall person meant to be like a bean pole.

I am only 5'10" and between 11 and 12 stone depending on how much lifting I do at work and I only have a 30" or 32" waist depending on what brand of jeans I buy, it's not like I am hitting the gym or look like Brad Pitt either, I just put in the miles like you do.

Eat more, find any manageable if even bland and boring staple food that covers most of your dietary requirements - even if it's just cereal that you can manage (not snacks from a packet) and do some cross training that may even cause you to put on some lean weight.

Your blood sugar is up and down like a yo-yo because of starvation and overwork hence the headaches.

Sorry man but it's tough love time, you can have a flounce and so can others, you can let people slag me off to the forum (and I am sure some will) for not being understanding enough but a GP would tell you the same about the diet and over training issue.

Can't watch this any more without saying anything, sorry but I can't, it's not fair on me, it's not fair on a lot of others who have been following your post's and updates for the last few months or so.

Zoiders out.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Gaz, you do need to get eating more now - that's getting very light for your height especially if you add in that you do still have some excess skin - if that was gone, you'd be underweight.

Good to see your are off red bull/monster - waaay too much caffeen in them. PS I drink tea, lots of, but not after about 4pm. I also like a fresh coffee in the morning on arriving at work.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Caffeine withdrawl is a bitch!!
I quit smoking 5 years ago, no probs. I can choose whether to drink alcohol or not, no probs.
I had to go caffeine free a while back for a couple of weeks, for some medical tests... Dear god I almost turned feral!!
I became snappy, bitchy, I got the shakes & sweats, I couldn't even walk through the town centre, as every other building is a coffee shop, the smell was pure torture.
My name is Mandy & I am a caffeine addict

Ditto. Apart from the Mandy bit :tongue:

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Gaz, you do need to get eating more now - that's getting very light for your height especially if you add in that you do still have some excess skin - if that was gone, you'd be underweight.

Good to see your are off red bull/monster - waaay too much caffeen in them. PS I drink tea, lots of, but not after about 4pm. I also like a fresh coffee in the morning on arriving at work.

Foz

I totally agree, in the last 2 days I've upped my intake by 500 cals and ( shock horror ) I've not gained weight like I was scared to death of - will continue on and see how it goes but I'm aware that I need proper nutrition sooner rather than later

I'll get there - it's whole a long/ large reeducation

david1701

if you want to replace coffee with something similar but less cafeiney I drink rooibos tea which is lush with no milk and maybe a wee bit of sugar

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Why paracetamol? It'll do nothing for you if you carry on taking it. You'll just get addicted to it. Just have a nice bowl of cereal in the morning, nothing wrong with that, and not as expensive as 2 energy drinks a day.

For the bitchin headaches I'm getting due to a lack of caffeine

Zoiders

Don't go caining the paracetamol.

Especially not if there is a chance your previous situation has left you with reduced liver function.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Don't go caining the paracetamol.

Especially not if there is a chance your previous situation has left you with reduced liver function.

It's hasn't , that I'm aware of, I'm only having 2 in the morning , just to help at the moment, no more and I'll stop them ASAP anyway

Top Bottom