Colnago Super

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevejo

I have a Colnago Super 63cm with Campag Veloce groupset. I Bought it new in 1975 but just do not ride it anymore, my MTB gets all the use. It seems a waste for it to sit doing nothing. Is there a market for classic roadbikes? Am I better off trying to sell just the frame rather than comlplete bike.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
I have a Colnago Super 63cm with Campag Veloce groupset. I Bought it new in 1975 but just do not ride it anymore, my MTB gets all the use. It seems a waste for it to sit doing nothing. Is there a market for classic roadbikes? Am I better off trying to sell just the frame rather than comlplete bike.

absolutely not, but i'll take it off you for a fiver as a favour :whistle:

in all seriousness, if it's in good nick, some pics on here might well elicit some proper interest ;)

Rahul Sapariya

Regular
There is definitely a market for classic roadbikes. I'd do some research on the parts and such and if they are in good condition along with the frame, you could sell it to someone and you'd both be happy with the price. I'd try to avoid taking the parts off the frame and selling it that way because if they are the original bits off the bike, then the buyer of it might buy the same stuff for it.

Put some pictures up, I'd love to see the beast :smile:

brockers

Might be wrong here, but I don't think Veloce came into being until at least the late eighties, in which case they won't be period parts (and not worth a great amount on their own). But that's totally irrelevant as you'll have people biting your arm off for the frame.

OP
OP
S

Stevejo

I should have mentioned that the Veloce groupset was added in the late 90's but has only had 5 or 6 rides at the most. The headset, bottom bracket and seatpost are all Campag Super Record. I live in South Shields, beside Newcastle-upon-Tyne.

OP
OP
S

Stevejo

I will take some photos this coming weekend and get them posted. I should have mentioned the wheels are Campag Veloce hubs, Mavic blue anodized 700c rims.
I suppose I would want a minimum of £400 for the complete bike, £300 for Frame with headset,bottom bracket and seatpost.

baldycyclist

Über Member
I will take some photos this coming weekend and get them posted. I should have mentioned the wheels are Campag Veloce hubs, Mavic blue anodized 700c rims.
I suppose I would want a minimum of £400 for the complete bike, £300 for Frame with headset,bottom bracket and seatpost.
might have a little look then
cannot wait for the pics

Top Bottom