Colnago?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Late 80s early ninety's

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
[QUOTE 3052389, member: 259"]Nice to have the original chrome front fork, I had to search around and pay a premium for one, as mine had been replaced by a carbon one. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Would you say it was early 1980s or later? Any idea what model?
Cheers

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Looks nice, but no idea if it's genuine. I don't know how they can positively identify it as 1982 if there is no serial no.You can see from the way it is presented and the 'price by application' nonsense that it's not going to be cheap. I Am not sure that all Colnagos from that period had the 'club' cut into the lugs. Amazingly I found one down here from the same era and that had the cut outs. The guy had no idea what it was worth and racers are just not popular so I could have got it for a song!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Forks have the logo in the crown and the rear drop outs are cast with Colnago written round the drop out. Looks fairly genuine to me.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Forks have the logo in the crown and the rear drop outs are cast with Colnago written round the drop out. Looks fairly genuine to me.
My thoughts too. In fact, there's a hint of a number on the rear drop out, which might help me identify the model and age. I've asked the seller to take a look and let me know.

gds58

Über Member
My concerns are that the description is wholly inaccurate! It clearly states that it has a Campagnolo Super Record groupset. Two things are wrong with this statement. Firstly Super Record was not called 'Super Record' in this era, it was either 'Record' or 'C-Record' and more importantly the groupset pictured on the bike is neither of these. It appears to be either Chorus or Croce Daune groupset but certainly not 'Record' The 'Monoplaner' brake calipers definitely look like Chorus as does the chainset. I would be asking lots of questions first to clarify the mis-description long before I part with any money or offers to buy.
Hope this helps, Graham

Top Bottom