Colourful Tights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cullin

Über Member
I wonder if anyone can help my sister in law, we were out cycling the other week and two rodies went flying past, one had some abstract colourful tights on, she would like to know where these were purchased from, have looked on the net, but only single coloured pants appear.

How abstract?

Assos are different colours, but panels rather than abstract.

All I can suggest is that these were either a local team strip or a professional one.

Tynan

Veteran
I passed a chap on my scooter years ago, he had marvellous irridescent blue/red tights on, very impressive, I've tried over and over to find anything vaguely close since without lck

loads of fancy team tights

Chrisz

Über Member
I had a pair of splash pattern Ron Hill tights years ago - lairy in the extreme :biggrin: I got them for a couple of quid from a basket in Stoke for about a fiver :biggrin:

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Lycra should always be black.
If you don't believe me, google image for 'polish cycling team' and cover your eyes. Probably NSFW unless you work in a European art movie editing suite.

OP
OP
Cullin

Cullin

Über Member
From what I saw of the guy as he shot off into far the distance, the pattern was a bit like some of the Abstract Avatar's that you can select on the accounts page of CC.
Local Team strip could be the answer.
OK, Chrisz, on the Ron Hill's, I think they have gone to darker coulours with reflective beading now, they may re appear, like my Oxford Bags...
Polish riders, adverts gone mad on wheels... good site.
I have no doubt that 'MisterPaul' could work up an order for some if there was enough demand, I like the dark Ron Hill's, and in nice Hot weather, Columbian shorts.
I suppose if anyone thought it was a subject to be covered by a thread, you could then see, an across the board fashion thread for CC users....

OP
OP
Cullin

Cullin

Über Member
Hi, Thanks for the reply, The pattern was more of a swirl, She has looked all over, but no joy. I'm sure something will turn up, she only wants them in longs anyway.
Thanks again fo ryour addition.

There are something like eight different grades of lycra. Folk like Assos use the highest grade which is expensive, heavy and durable. Coloured lycra is just printed white lycra which is usually very low grade. Whenever I've had shorts with coloured panels it's been the panel of crappy white lycra which has failed first.

Avoid.

betty swollocks

large member
There used to be some rock climbing tights called 'Rockskins' which were truly and magnificently patterned and multi-coloured.

Can't find them on Google now though.

Fiona N

Veteran
betty swollocks said:
There used to be some rock climbing tights called 'Rockskins' which were truly and magnificently patterned and multi-coloured.

I used to think these were what some Swiss cyclists wore in Spring. It's amazing how many 'old boys' (i.e. male cyclists of a certain age ;)) still tend to wear the most horribly lurid lycra tights in Spring (Swiss cyclists tend not to release themselves into shorts until about July). But they're not the old Mapei/Lotto/etc. racing team strip but some sort of '80s disco-wear lycra.
I found it quite mind-boggling when I lived there - given Swiss conservatism on other things ;)

Top Bottom